Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pinterest Recipe: 7 UP Biscuits

Don't you love my cookbook caddy!  I do.  I found it at the Peddlers' Mall in Lexington and had to buy it.  It holds my favorite cookbooks, and it is handcrafted; however, last night's recipe came from Pinterest, and it is on the tablet before you.  The recipe is for 7 UP biscuits and they are OMG yummy.  The basic recipe isn't an Internet secret.  If you search for it, it is all over the place.  The basic recipe is as follows:

2 cups Bisquick
1/2 cup 7 UP
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 butter

You mix the Bisquick with the 7 UP and sour cream together.  You melt the butter in a 9 inch pan and place the cut biscuits on the butter. Bake at 450 until golden brown.

Now, last night I had to rework the recipe because I had everything but the Bisquick.

2 cups flour
3 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbs. Crisco
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup 7 UP
butter:  I reduced it from 1/4 cup, just a bit

Preheat oven to 450 and mix flour, baking powder, salt, and Crisco.  I used a pastry cutter to blend and crumble the Crisco.  I then added the sour cream and soda.  Mixed into it was a batter, and it is sticky and soft.  Instead of cutting the dough, I just poured the entire thing on the butter.  I baked as normal and then cut into squares afterwards.
They are melt in your mouth good, and I think it is a recipe to keep!

No comments:

Perfect Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Today was a very busy but lovely beginning to our Halloween Festivities.  My husband and I went to a Farmers' Market that was featuring ...