My veterinarian daughter, my carnivore of a husband, and a ten year old boy approves of this recipe:
Vegetable Bin Frittata
2 yellow squash cubed
1 yellow onion
1 diced tomato
2 cups of cheese (this Sunday I used mozzarella, Parmesan, and sharp cheddar)
3/4 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375
1. Saute all veggies except the tomatoes (well, that is a fruit) in butter until tender
2. Transfer to baking dish. I used a nine inch pie pan.
3. Top with the cheese and tomatoes
4. Whisk eggs with milk and the seasoning
5. Bake for 50 minutes
6. Let stand a few moments before slicing
I would have loved to include a picture, but it was a Sunday morning, and we were hungry before church. It was gone in minutes.
Also, this is your recipe. Open your bin and choose whatever veggies you prefer. Add to suit your taste. There is no one right way to make a frittata. Throw eggs over veggie, or meat, and cheese, and there you go.