Monday, January 11, 2010

More of the Same

My hillside is completely covered. The main highway looks clear, my hollow looks icy, but my hill is horrid. My neighbor's SUV is firmly planted at the bottom, and they are walking up and down. I am hoping that my landlord plows it again before Wednesday, but they are expecting several more inches tonight. Okay, I know some you Northerners are shaking your heads. This is spring time in Minnesota, but my community doesn't handle snow well at all, and we are not use to the constant snow and cold. I live in rural Appalachia, and our hills and hollows isolate us not only from the rest of the world but also each other. Oh, well. It isn't all bad. After the hustle and bustle of the holidays, we are just vegging. Imaginations are being used. Games are being played, and books are being read. I think I could really be a hermit.

At least I can catch up on my reading. I am going further into the Southern Vampire Mysteries. I love True Blood, but I really do enjoy the books more. Two completely different entities, and perfect escapism. My daughter can keep the shimmer. I will take the Viking.

3 comments:

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I saw that your county was already closed for school tomorrow...I'm waiting to see if we'll have a 2 hr delay or ??? Ugh!

Unknown said...

Oh how I love the Viking indeed, Mr. Northman has my full attention indeed!

Hope it's getting better there, the snow is fairly well gone here, isolated spots in the hills, but now it's ice...geesh.

Great post though!
G

Hyphen Beth said...

Love the sookie books!! Tara got me addicted to them when the first one came out and they are still just as entertaining now. I am a Sam fan, though:) Tried watching the show, but since i had read the books first, the changes annoy the crap out of me fairly often, lol.

Perfect Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Today was a very busy but lovely beginning to our Halloween Festivities.  My husband and I went to a Farmers' Market that was featuring ...