Friday, March 19, 2010

OMG

I was at a hospital today for over 12 hours as my grandmother had her heart cath. I was the only person in my family to be there, and this may very well be the defining moment of my adulthood. We did this alone and scared, but she and I did it. She is now home resting, and I am with you.

Now, this was not my OMG moment. Nope. OMG came this afternoon in the hospital waiting room. The room is plush with big, comfy couches and a flat screen television. There is even a patio 6 stories up that allowed me to enjoy some of the sun while Gran slept. After the 6 stories rush of wind hit, I went inside, plopped down on a sofa and began to watch CSI. I noticed a young man come in about 14. No big deal. I got the remote, turned the screen to March Madness and dozed a for a few before heading down the hall. I checked on Gran and then decided to go to the grill and pick up a milkshake for her. As I stepped on the elevator, I notice the boy walk by, and then, just as the doors began to close, a paper airplane crashed into the elevator. It was a note to the "Lady in Black". Oh, how sweet, right? NO. That kid has a dirty mind, but I guess he figured this was his chance with an older woman who appreciated college ball.

Needless to say, I said no.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

First off yeah OMG is right, and you could cougar that for sure LOL, but I am sure that there may be hotter young thangs out there LOL!

ON the doing this on your own, congratulations, it's not easy, but it's such an amazing realization to have that you have had this milestone....

Perfect Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Today was a very busy but lovely beginning to our Halloween Festivities.  My husband and I went to a Farmers' Market that was featuring ...