Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Finding Peace in the Small Places

Hello.  My name is Robyn, and I hide in my car.  That may be an exaggeration.  I am not really hiding, but there is something peaceful about the car.  My kids run into the house.  The radio is still on, and I am...alone.  For one moment, I am silent as a listen to music.  I lay my head back and close my eyes.  I become heavy into the seat.  My body almost becomes liquid, and I melt.  Golden. Then I hear a noise.  The passenger door is opening, and it is either Thing One or Thing Two, "Are you okay, Mommy?  I don't want you to be alone."

I have to smile at the irony.  I laugh, kiss the top of the head being presented, and then a nugget of truth is revealed.  I don't want to be alone either.

No comments:

Perfect Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Today was a very busy but lovely beginning to our Halloween Festivities.  My husband and I went to a Farmers' Market that was featuring ...