Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Blueberry Dreams Done Simply

I love blueberry pancakes, and today I indulged by making my first batch of blueberry syrup.  My favorite critic seemed to enjoy it!

Blueberry Syrup
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp. Cornstarch
1 cup water
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice

a.  Mix sugar with cornstarch
b.  Over medium heat gradually add the water, stirring as you do
c.  Add blueberries and lemon juice
d.  Bring mixture to a boil and stir constantly for two minutes

Very simple!  I added my extra blueberries to my pancake mix and served warm.  The recipe makes three cups, so I now have extra for the weekend.  Waffles anybody?

No comments:

Perfect Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Today was a very busy but lovely beginning to our Halloween Festivities.  My husband and I went to a Farmers' Market that was featuring ...