Saturday, December 19, 2009

Right in the Middle of a Winter Wonderland

Well, right at this moment, I should have been getting ready to see The Nutcracker, but it is not happening. We had between 8-10 inches of snow last night, and I don't see myself getting off my hillside before Monday. I guess the cost of tickets will now be considered a charitable donation. In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really matter. I am safe, warm, and my electricity is still on. Most people in our small town cannot say that. Not only is there power out, but the power company is now saying it may be a week before it working again. My prayers are with them, and I truly hope and pray that the estimation is being exaggerated.

Here are some of highlights:
You never know the danger that lurks under the snow.


Rudy the Reindeer is keeping watch over our hill.


Just a little bit of damage, but it could have been much worse.

No comments:

Perfect Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Today was a very busy but lovely beginning to our Halloween Festivities.  My husband and I went to a Farmers' Market that was featuring ...